OUR BAPTIST BELIEFS
- We believe in the preservation of God’s Word through the Hebrew Masoretic Text and the Greek Textus Receptus.
- We believe the King James Version is the best English translation of the Bible.
- We believe in the Trinity, ONE God in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- We believe in the eternal nature of a literal heaven and hell.
- We believe that God created the world in six literal twenty-four hour days from the Genesis account of Creation.
- We believe that mankind is lost and separated from God by sin, in need of salvation, and unable to save himself.
- Salvation is by grace, through faith alone, based upon the finished work of Christ on the cross.
- We believe in the virgin birth and deity of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in His sinless life, vicarious death and the bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven, where He now intercedes for believers.
- We believe in the verbal, plenary inspiration of the Old and New Testaments.
- We believe in the eternal security of the born again believer.
- We believe in the imminent, pre-tribulational rapture of all believers.
- We believe in the personal and pre-millennial return and reign of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the Judgment Seat of Christ for believers and the Great White Throne Judgment for unbelievers.
- We believe the local church is God’s institution for carrying out His program in this dispensation.
- We believe in two ordinances for the local church, believer's baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper as a memorial.
- We believe in ecclesiastical and personal separation.
- We believe the positions of Calvinism and Arminianism are unbiblical.
- We believe that speaking in tongues and the working of sign miracles gradually ceased as the New Testament Scriptures were completed and their authority became established.
THE BIBLE WE BELIEVE
We believe that the Texts which are the closest to the original autographs of the Bible are the Traditional Masoretic Hebrew Text for the Old Testament, and the traditional Greek Text for the New Testament underlying the King James Version (as found in "The Greek Text Underlying The English Authorized Version of 1611").
We believe that the King James Version (or Authorized Version) of the English Bible is a true, faithful, and accurate translation of these two providentially preserved Texts, which in our time has no equal among all of the other English Translations. The translators did such a fine job in their translation task that we can without apology hold up the Authorized Version of 1611 and say "This is the WORD OF GOD!" while at the same time realizing that, in some verses, we must go back to the underlying original language Texts for complete clarity, and also compare Scripture with Scripture.
We believe that all the verses in the King James Version belong in the Old and the New Testaments because they represent words we believe were in the original texts, although there might be other renderings from the original languages which could also be acceptable to us today. For an exhaustive study of any of the words or verses in the Bible, we urge the student to return directly to the Traditional Masoretic Hebrew Text and the Traditional Received Greek Text rather than to any other translation for help." —from The Dean Burgon's Society's Articles of Faith.